Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi,

[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]I am looking to add an overflow: scroll; to this page so as when the blog get to beyond where it is now a scroll bar will be created:[/COLOR][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] [/COLOR][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]http://www.23melvillestreet.co.uk/news.php[/COLOR][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]
    [/COLOR][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]
    [/COLOR][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]Is the above css all I have to attach to the DIV and how do I style the scroll bar to fit in better with the website look...?[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]Thanks[/COLOR]

Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    I believe what you are looking for is http://jscrollpane.kelvinluck.com/

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    If you are talking about the scroll-bar to the right, most everything on the web will tell you that those will only work in IE as the "scrollbar" itself is a MS function...

Without using some kind of JavaScript or disabling the Doc Type of the page, I've not seen a way to make it work in all browsers... both could lead to other problems...

One reason cited for not allowing this to work in other browsers is the fact that it could possibly affect usability for some visitors that have sight issues as they expect scrollbars to be a certain way and location.

If you're talking about scroll bars on form fields and text areas, it can be done using the above linked jQuery code, or I've done some simple styling with plain CSS on the form objects.... no extras needed.

Remove Ads