Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    181 times
    Problem:
    I have my index page positioned the way I want it to be. I have the container about 20 pixels from the top.
    When I go to all of my other pages however it moves back up. I've tried everything. I tried moving a lot of things down and all it does is move all the other divs down while the container stays were its at.

How can I fix this? In this thread I'l include all the files to the site in case anyone wants to look at them.
    here is the example link.
    http://iztudioz.hostei.com/

EDIT: I'm sorry. I accidentally uploaded the wrong files. I''v re-uploaded the correct ones.
    Artificial intelligence is nothing compared to natural stupidity -Someone

Design is a funny word. Some people think design means how it looks.
    But of course, if you dig deeper, itís really how it works.
    -Steve Jobs

Member #
    Liked
    181 times
    Correct files re-uploaded.

-Steve Jobs

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    OK - I took a look at your CSS - one thing you have to know is that the browser will read the code from top to bottom. So if you have say, a #nav h1 {color:#999;} defined in the first 30 lines or so, and further down you have something like h1 { color:333;} it will be the later value that gets read last and will be applied.

Look at the structure of your CSS and make sure it follows the structure of your pages.

Sometimes it is useful to have one CSS just for the layout, and another for the styling.

On my own site I have one CSS for the Homepage, another for the interior pages, and a third for the Contact page.
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    Liked
    181 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMare, post: 210088
    OK - I took a look at your CSS - one thing you have to know is that the browser will read the code from top to bottom. So if you have say, a #nav h1 {color:#999;} defined in the first 30 lines or so, and further down you have something like h1 { color:333;} it will be the later value that gets read last and will be applied.

Look at the structure of your CSS and make sure it follows the structure of your pages.

Sometimes it is useful to have one CSS just for the layout, and another for the styling.

On my own site I have one CSS for the Homepage, another for the interior pages, and a third for the Contact page.
    Alright thanks I'l try it.

-Steve Jobs

Member #
    Liked
    181 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Yurlov, post: 210090
    Alright thanks I'l try it.
    Ok, I did what you suggested and nothing changed. It still moves up on all the pages except slideshow.
    Also what I've noticed is that it didn't move up when I still had the slideshow on all the other pages. As soon as I took out the slideshow and readjusted the alignment of all of the div's it started moving up.

I have reuploaded the Updated files in original post.

-Steve Jobs

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    I just looked at your whole site - and apart from the fact that there's no content to see, the nav bar stays in the same position whatever page I'm on.
    What exactly is moving up? I can't see anything.

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    Liked
    181 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMare, post: 210097
    I just looked at your whole site - and apart from the fact that there's no content to see, the nav bar stays in the same position whatever page I'm on.
    What exactly is moving up? I can't see anything.
    The container of the site. The background of the actual site the semi white background.

-Steve Jobs

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    All I see inmy browser is a plain white page - there is no semi-white anything.

Member #
    Liked
    181 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMare, post: 210121
    All I see inmy browser is a plain white page - there is no semi-white anything.
    Probably your resolution. If you zoom out of the page and look at home page and about page you see a bar of grayish color at the top of index and just white on all the other pages. That is what im saying moves.

-Steve Jobs

Remove Ads