Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hello
    I have recently developed new website and i'm having some problems fixing all together.The design is ready 99% i have all for that but i need something as follows: Site is related for logo, video, business cards design and that thing we are company and we would to be online and sell logo..etc online...so i want like 20-30 logos for page 1 and then page 2 20-30 logos...etc so they can scroll pages and look template(logo) that they would like and when someone select it , it should open form with all details and when they enter that info i should receive that mail and they should be transfered to paypal or moneybookers for paying ...can somebody help me with this thing?
    Or something similar i will be happy if anyone can help.
    Thanks

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    I don't know if anyone has told you this, buddy, so let me be the first...that's a LOT to ask of any forum. Basically what you want is your entire site developed. You can get help for that, but I'd be willing to be money that you won't get all of it for free. It's just too much. You're asking for things like recordset paging, form-to-email, e-commerce purchasing, etc. I don't even think there's an open source cart that exists for something even remotely similar to what you want.

That, and your whole idea doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. How is anyone supposed to get a unique logo from a logo template?
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    hehe yes i now that it is too much...so to narrow some thing assume that i know how to create that slideshow and images and paypal ...etc but only thing that bothers me most is how to manage that when someone clicks that logo it opens new window for that logo only, and if he select another for example logo2 it should says Thanks for purchasing logo2...so how to automate that process ?

P.S. Every logo from template is unique...that is how

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    I'd do that using some form of a database myself. Put all the logo templates in there and let the user search/pick from there. How you structure that would be up to you, but that's how I'd do it. Then, when the user picks a logo template, pass order details on through to PayPal.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    The design is ready 99% i have all for that but i need something as follows:
    Sounds more like the concept is 99% complete and the coding is just getting started....

What HE said.... out it all in a DB... send them to paypal if they choose to purchase...

Member #
    Thanks for reply, so on my hosting on MYSQL i need to create tables and forms...and add there templates...etc and how can i make from there forms and paypal options?

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    For that, you're going to need a server-side programming language...likely PHP because if your host has MySQL, it's the most likely server-side language to be installed. And you're going to need to take a steep, hard learning curve.

Member #
    Hello all, I would recommend Joomla + Virtuemart for this site. They are not complicated, and easy to keep up to date (new logos, prices, paypal integration, etc.).

Hope it helps!

Member #
    Thanks for reply, but i have my files in .html so how can i use jomla with them is ther some way or i just need to install joomla on my server with that virtuemart and follow instruction?
    Sorry about all this, i'm not professional for coding or programming

Member #
    Hello designmansion, actually it is not THAT simple, but once you get it, its quite intuitive. It will be less complicated than programming the whole thing from scratch for sure.

To convert your template to Joomla, you can follow these instructions: http://www.tobacamp.com/tutorial/5-e...omla-template/. To get started on Joomla http://www.joomla.org/about-joomla/getting-started.html (I would recommend to install 1.5 since 1.6 is very recent and there are not as many extensions for that version yet. To learn about Virtuemart you can go here http://virtuemart.net/documentation/User_Manual/index.html .

Hope it helps!

Remove Ads