Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi there
    I have a template that I am working on making into a wordpress theme that was created by a graphic designer. You can see an example by clicking the link below. My question is what is the best way to stretch the container so that if the text in the content area grows the container can grow with it. The top of the container has a tree trunk wrapping across the top and down the right side and then flowing into the header area as roots. I know I could create a fixed content area that scrolled if it got bigger but I want to know if there is a way to somehow stretch it down so the whole thing gets taller but retains the top and bottom of the tree? Would you slice the tree image, anyway not even sure exactly how to put this questions but if anyone has any suggestions or knows of a tutorial or any other info I'de appreciate it.
    thanks

http://www.awakeninthenow.com/images/sample.jpg

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    I Don't know how it would integrate into wordpress.... but this is completely doable with CSS...

Yes you will need to slice the image up into the "static" sections

trunk
    bottom

create divs for each setting the sliced images as background images...

The trunk you can slice into a very thin (height) graphic... and set the repeat-y value... so as the HEIGHT of the page increases... the background image will repeat and keep filling the div.

Your content area would need to be set to AUTO height... so if more content is in there... it will force the dive with the TRUNK image to increase in height...

let me know if you get it done... would like to see it.

Remove Ads