Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    So I've created a register form in html

All the things work except for a few.

My password and confirm password are working so are my email and confirm email.

the agree checkbox isn't working I want it to where if they don't have the check box checked it will send out an alert asking to please check agree to register.

After that is all said and done even if there are errors it registers to the database.

can anyone help me please.

Member #
    I also have a php page set up which does the databaseing.
    if there are errors or blank text fields I do not want it to go to the database.
    or if the agree checkbox isn't checked

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    You gotta place a IF clause on your form to check if that box was checked, in case it wasn't then the user sees the mensage you want them to.

that if clause could be placed on the PHP file that processes the form upon submission.
    My site? oh here--->www.host4go.com

Member #
    I have if's set for the checkbox and everything else

would I have to set an if for the database connection as well..

Like if everything were = to true then be able to submit everything to the database?

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    wait what... if the if clause associated with the checkbox returns that the checkbox was not checked then nothing should be submitted...
    are you submitting the info before checking is the box was checked?
    My site? oh here--->www.host4go.com

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    you should always use some type of FORM VALIDATION using javascript, before anything is submitted to the PHP page to insert into the DB.

you should only use "validtion on the PHP side" if and only if you are wanting to verify and compare date being submitted... if not what is required... kick them back to the original page, with a message telling them what they did not fill out correctly...

Javascript Form Validation should always be your first step in making sure that all of the required parts of the form are filled out...

there are some jQuery options... ( in this case ), that would disable the submit button until everything is filled in, and the terms check box has been selected...

Remove Ads