Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hey everyone, this is my first time to this forum, and first time actually posting an issue to a forum in general. Here's hoping you guys can help me out!

My issue:

I'm working on a landing page at work. On the landing page is a small form with a "submit" button. After you fill out your details and hit the button, the big guys upstairs want an animated .gif to cover the form area. The .gif is essentially a fake "Checking Your Area for Available Positions" loader. We don't need it to actually check anything, they just want it to appear that that's what's going on in the background. The animated .gif will last about 5+ seconds, and then take you to the next page on the site like hitting submit normally would.

Anyone have any idea how I could accomplish this?
    Please and thank you?

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    put the fake gif on a page by itself,submit button goes to there, after it submits their data, then use a meta-refresh of 5 seconds to send them to the next page...

Not a big fan of animated GIF's... something like this would be appropriate for a flash piece.

Remove Ads