Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I know this is a newbie question but how do I set up a site for my client to review on their already existing web server (ehostpros) without it being "open to the public" to see? I just want my client to see it live online without it going live. I'm using dreamweaver CS4.

Any help would be much appreciated.

thanks

Member #
    Liked
    416 times
    Make a blank index page, then set up the site in a special folder. For example 'domain.com/[COLOR=rgb(255, 153, 0)]preview[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]'[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 153, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]Alternatively, you can use free hosting. Super easy to set up if you have about 5 minutes, and you can use it to test pages, previews for future clients, etc. 000webhost.com is a good one.[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    My freelancer website: DolidzeDesign

You only need a parachute if you plan on skydiving twice.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by George Dolidze, post: 217147
    Make a blank index page, then set up the site in a special folder. For example 'domain.com/[COLOR=rgb(255, 153, 0)]preview[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]'[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 153, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]Alternatively, you can use free hosting. Super easy to set up if you have about 5 minutes, and you can use it to test pages, previews for future clients, etc. 000webhost.com is a good one.[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    thanks for your help!
    shovenose likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    I generally put it up in a subdomain of my own site called "clients". I've set the robots.txt to disallow that directory so the Googs won't index it. BTW, naughty clients could easily jack your work if you put it on their server. Admittedly, they could do so on your server too, but it wouldn't be quite so easy as drag-and-drop.
    George Dolidze and shovenose like this.
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

Remove Ads