Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    hello,
    i'm using dreamweaver and i'm trying to create rollovers that change text on my site. the only way i've been able to do this is to create a layer and change the text in the layer on the rollover. my problem is that i have my page center itself in relation to the browser and the layer doesn't stay in the same spot in relation to the page whenever i resize the window. the only way i've been able to get around this is to place the layer at 50% horizontally, so that it stays right in the middle of the page at all times. how can i get the layer to stay in the same spot in relation to the whole page without having to place it right in the middle. i hope this makes sense and someone can help me. thanks.

Member #
    im a bit confused by ur question. heh. if u could explain it a little bit better. Otherwise, im sure some1 else will understand that and reply
    Ad space - for sale, $19.95/month

Member #
    hi,
    yea, my explanation wasn't very clear. let me try again...

you can see an example of my problem at www.parismav.com . put the mouse on one of the links on top and some text should appear on the image. if you resize the window horizontally, the same text changes position in relation to the image. right now the layer that contains the text has a horizontal position of 25% . when i set it to 50% the problem goes away, but i don't necessarily want to have the text right in the middle of the page. i hope this illustrates my problem, thanks!

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    before addressing that problem, get rid of the red on black. It makes your site impossible to see !!! I can't even see your problem !!!

Once you've done that, you might want to try encapsulating DIVs in DIVs to resolve the problem, like I did for my menus on http://www.transio.com

Member #
    I see what you're trying to do. It would be really easy to do this w/ images, I made a complex rollovers tutorial for WDF a few months ago, have a look.

Remove Ads