Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Hey..
    I just downloaded the HTML editer "CoffeeCup 9.6".
    I have a website already & i like the layout & look of it, but the HTML code for my page is a mess due to the website builder i was using. I was looking around inthe software & i see how i can start a new website using the Themes it provides, but as i want to keep how my site looks and just want to clean up the HTML & change the images on it to CSS i went to "Open Existing File" then opened the "index"file which i "Exported" from my website. (my website is only a one-page site &this is the page). I don't know what do to really from here, lol !
    I can now see the full pages code, but i need pointed in the right direction on how to start.
    Once i get started i will get the hang of it, for could some tell me how to get rid of all the tags for things such as colour, font, etc.. & change it to CSS. Also could some help get me started with changing the images to CSS. Thanks!

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    I use notepad to "find and replace"... I'm sure your editor has the same functionaility...

just do a "find/replace" with the tags you want removed and replace them with a blank space or nothing...

If you're really new to this...

perhaps you should check out w3schools tutorials on HTML, CSS an the like

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Quinn, post: 218114
    Hey..
    I just downloaded the HTML editer "CoffeeCup 9.6".
    I have a website already & i like the layout & look of it, but the HTML code for my page is a mess due to the website builder i was using. I was looking around inthe software & i see how i can start a new website using the Themes it provides, but as i want to keep how my site looks and just want to clean up the HTML & change the images on it to CSS i went to "Open Existing File" then opened the "index"file which i "Exported" from my website. (my website is only a one-page site &this is the page). I don't know what do to really from here, lol !
    I can now see the full pages code, but i need pointed in the right direction on how to start.
    Once i get started i will get the hang of it, for could some tell me how to get rid of all the tags for things such as colour, font, etc.. & change it to CSS. Also could some help get me started with changing the images to CSS. Thanks!
    This is really easy to do when you know how, and almost impossibly long to explain in a reply post to someone who doesn't.

Basically the short of it is - you need to create a blank CSS file and move all the inline styling to it from your index file, and put a link to it in your index file.

The long part is - you'll have to format the code in the CSS file so it reads properly.

You really need to start to learn HTML and CSS for this - and one of the best places to do that is w3schools.com where you can go step by step.
    Sean Quinn likes this.
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Thanks for the link guys
    I decided.. Rather than trying to fix all the code for my current website, for now.. Iv created a new simple website just to get used to using the software. I found this easier to help me get the hang of things as the code on the website i had first was a mess due to the sitebuilder i used. Now iv finished the website Im ready to upload it to a hosting. Im not sure about weither the hosting should be Windows or Linux. Does it matter? I was looking at www.hostinguk.net to use, they offer both options. Could you tell me if this hosting will work with the CoffeeCup software?

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    Any hosting will work - the CC software is just a code editor, it does not matter which editor you use to write your code, it will work on any server.

That said, it's my understanding that if you are coding in .ASP.NET (which you aren't if you're using Coffee Cup) you need to host on a windows server.

I like Linux because I have always used it. I do a lot of database driven sites, and I am more concerned with the version of PHP and MySQL the server has.

Are you specifically looking for UK based hosting? I find them very overpriced for what you get, as a rule. With my host (US based, even though I am in Canada) for the equivalent of about 4 pounds fifty a month, I can host all my domains (14 so far), and as many addon domains, subdomains, and databases as I need (currently running 39 - but several of them are for testing/development only) and virtually unlimited space and bandwidth. ( I say virtually because I'm certain there are limits, I just haven't found them yet.)

Anyway, let us know what you decide - and be sure to post your site in the Ratings and Review forum - I'm looking forward to seeing what you've done.
    Sean Quinn likes this.
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Thanks for the advice
    No it doesn't matter if it UK hosting, That one i said wad just one i found googling. I just checked out the hosting you mentioned there, (Host Monster), It looks good so ill go with that .
    Yes ill put it in there when i finish, NP.

Remove Ads