Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi everyone, how are you doing? I am new to the html and css scene, so I'm not very savvy when it comes to html mark-up and css rules. So here I am with a question about some coding I had done. I am hoping that some of you professionals can give me some constructive criticism and help me out with any coding errors you may notice.

Below is the product of my html and css rules, please if you would take a look and give me your feedback and advice on it.

Also, this spans 100% across the html document. I am using the Eric Meyers CSS Reset, this is why you don't see any margin or padding, this is because it's already set to 0, 0 in the CSS Reset.
    Noname2.pngNoname3.png Noname1.png

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    Well, as far as it goes, it looks OK to me - but this would just be the header of the page - what do you have planned for the rest of it?
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    Liked
    416 times
    So far so good. What exactly were you asking?
    My freelancer website: DolidzeDesign

You only need a parachute if you plan on skydiving twice.

Member #
    Thank you for your response.

I don't think I had asked the question right, now you see why I didn't post in the CSS and HTML section of this forum. Lol.

Code:
    <head>
    <body>
      <div id+"header"></div><!-- Header -->
      <div id="nav"></div><!-- Nav Menu -->
    </body>
    </head>
    I want the Header to be centered and glued to the top of the html document. I want the Nav Menu to be have a Width of 100% so that it spans the whole width of ones monitor. I want this Nav Menu to be glued to the bottom of the Header. Now, if I use a Wrapper around both my Header and Nav Div's, wouldn't that constrain the Nav Menu?

Thank you

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Don't know what you meant by glued, but ok, you don't have to wrap them together, if you have 2 elements that their width is set to 100% , they will naturally be one under the other. Make sre tha margins are set correctly to allow them to be seen together. In this scenario, a margin of 0 on both elements should give you the desired results.

Member #
    Liked
    416 times
    Unless you put something else in between that code, they will be under each other.
    What do you mean by 'glued to the top'? Do you want it visible at the top at all times, even if the user scrolls?
    My freelancer website: DolidzeDesign

You only need a parachute if you plan on skydiving twice.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    The natural flow of the page means that the nav will be underneath the header unless you position using relative/absolute positioning. Can you provide a little clarity on the layout you are trying to achieve?

Remove Ads