Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi -

I just put an index page online as a tester to see how it looks, and it looks like I need to add some html or something to make the page adjust itself automatically to the viewer's resolution. I designed the pages for 800x600, but most of my audience will probably have 1024x768. The page is at www.loskudos.co.uk (which is actually my friend's, but she's not using it now cos her band broke up!).

I can:

1) somehow resize so that the proportions onthe page are always the same (I tried percentages but I don't know how to fo it correctly with Fusion 7.0),

or 2) leave the page at 800x600 and have it always centered in the middle.

I think I prefer option 2, but it would great to know both so I can compare.

I tried: <center>
    <table border="0"width="95%">
    <tr>
    <td>
    Your page code here.
    </td>
    </tr>
    </table>
    </center>

but i couldn't get it to work on Fusion 7.0.

Would any kind person out there like to help me?? Have a look at www.loskudos.co.uk and see what I can do. I use Fusion 7.0 though so the html tags are a little weird.

thanks!

Eva x

ps: My dad has Frontpage 2000 from Office I think but I have no idea how to use that.

Member #
    Went to your page and clicked on the splash image, and the popup window came up w/ 404's (file not found).

As far as the small html you posted, it looks ok, it should work. I've never heard of Fusion 7.0, so I'm not familiar with it.

Personally, I prefer option two, designing my sites using pixels. I have more control over how it will look across all resolutions.

Member #
    Yes I only put one page up. I think option 2 is better as well, but how do I do it?

All my pages look great on 800x600 at the moment but they are not centered vertically like the page I put up. Please help!

thanks,
    Eva x

Member #
    Try this:
    Code:
    <table width="780" align="center">
    If you want your site to look good at 800x600 resolution, you'll need to make it no wider than 780 pixels. On other resolutions, there will be space on each side of your site. Change your resolution after making a simple design to see what I mean.

Member #
    CAn you tell me exactly where I should put the code? Fusion is a WYSIWYG software that writes all the code for you, so sometimes it's very confusing and hard to change. Thanks for you help so far though!! x

Member #
    That code starts the table. If you've made a table, look for the <table ...> tag and make it look like the one above.

Member #
    Hi -

I can manage to get the page to center horizontally, but how about vertically?? I need to the page to jump to the middle of the page, not the top middle...

thanks!
    eva x

Remove Ads