Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I'm trying to insert padding above my Tag Cloud widget because the widget is much to close to the advertisement directly above it. The only problem is I don't know how to specify the padding for that particular widget -- plus -- I really don't know how to code at all.

Can anyone help?

It would be MUCH appreciated.

My website is:

www.TheDishmaster.com -- and the tag cloud widget can be found in the sidebar below the Brick & Mortar advertisement.

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    If all else fails,wrap the widget in a div and set the padding on that.
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I'm sorry but I don't know how to do that.

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    Yeah, I'm not sure that would work, it's a WordPress site.

My advice to you would be to insert div in your CSS like this :
    #nktagcloud-3 .widget { margin-top:50ox;}

You'll have to put it after line 471, or the generic wigdet CSS will overwrite it.

The easiest way to do this (assuming you're familar with FTP) would be to open the style.css file in a text editor (Notepad++ is good one, and a free download) that numbers the lines for you.

Save it immediately as style_old.css (so if the edit messes it up you will have a copy of the original).
    Then add the line above and save as style.css
    Upload the file to your site, and see what happens.

You may have to play around with the number of pixels a little, but that's basically it.
    Sogiki likes this.
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    how do I know what line that is?

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    Which text editor are you using?
    If you are using Notepad++, the lines are numbered for you. HTML-Kit (free download) and Dreamweaver (last resort) also do this. I believe there is also a way to number the lines in Word, but I don't recommend Word for writing code.

And I've checked your CSS - you'll probably want to put it in at about line 484, between
    #sidebar h2.widgettitle { margin: 0 5px 8px 0; } and #suboptions-widget-5 { margin-bottom: 19px;}
    Sogiki likes this.

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    AlphaMare likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    YAY!! Glad to be of help. I love playing with CSS, and I use WordPress a fair bit - positioning things in the sidebar and footer can be tricky, but can usually be done in the CSS.

Feel free to "like" my post if it helped you out.
    Sogiki likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Done and Done. Thanks so much for your help!!!!!!! It's one of those small things that was annoying the life out of me and I have no idea how to code so I kept messing with it to see if I could figure it out. MAJOR thanks!!!!!!!!!

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Sogiki, post: 218911
    Done and Done. Thanks so much for your help!!!!!!! It's one of those small things that was annoying the life out of me and I have no idea how to code so I kept messing with it to see if I could figure it out. MAJOR thanks!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks to you too! Always happy to help - it's great to see people starting to understand stuff.
    WordPress is a very useful tool, and you can learn a lot by downloading the code and looking at it - seeing what and where the action and filter hooks are, and what they do, seeing how the functions work, all that good stuff. If you need more help, I'll be here.
    Sogiki likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads