Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    ok i am makeing a web site for work...Desert Doins notice when you role over the map the image changes.....well i need it to go one step further...i need it so when i role over a city...that the city image changes and where it says "choose the best city" i need that to switch images too....i need it to switch to say "Top 10 of______" and i had it done with slices but my boss decided on frames and now i am confusedon how to get the images to change up there can someone help me please

Billy

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Unfortunately I don't have much experience with image maps...Martin, et all want to take a stab at this?
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    I don't think Martin will be much help...I have never done anything with image maps and I don't have time to learn atm...perhaps et al might have a bit more experience?
    I am non-committal, feigning blasť.

Member #
    I don't understand what the question is - if you already know how to splice on image with roll overs, then why should using frames make any difference at all? I use roll-over images in both frames and non-frames versions of my site, and there is no difference with either method or code use.

Btw - hell of a loading time on the site. Once up, it was still loading somethnig big, which freaked me out too much so I closed and ran.

Member #
    I don't know if this will help you or not, but my splash page uses an image map with rollover effects. I think it's simpler than what you are describing but maybe the code will help?

http://www.industriousbird.com

Member #
    Well

I just looked at your site, and it appears that you've decided to use Flash to do it.

You should know that there is a non-flash way to do it.
    Just combine an ImageMap Image Flip & a Dual Image Flip script.

View both here:
    http://www.htmlgoodies.com/tutors/imagemapmouse.html
    http://www.htmlgoodies.com/beyond/dualflip.html

Remove Ads