Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Layering issues

Member #
    I hope I've found the best place to post this. I'm designing a page for a friend of mine utilizing my Photoshop skills, which are far better than my site designing skills. I have cut up a Photoshop image and placed it into Dreamweaver and the graphics themselves look as I want them to. I have layered in HTML for a Twitter feed, embedded YouTube video and created a layer for text in the main news area. Everything looks great on my computer, which has a 1366 x 768 resolution. Problem is, when I test the site on lower resolutions, those layers get knocked around. Is there a way to fix this or should I just step my game up and learn more how to do things. If that's the case, is there anyone with suggestions on how to accomplish what i'm looking to do?

Here's the page: http://www.charleslewandoski.com/index_new.html

I have also attached a screenshot as I see the page and how I want everyone to see the page.

Thanks to anyone with an idea, I appreciate it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    Your problem is with absolute positioning. Absolute positioning should only be used when completely necessary, and even then, absolute positioning on the overall page is generally a bad idea. The best place to start is to learn how to use relative positions and to push elements around with margins/padding and offsets.
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

Remove Ads