Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I've built a single page in Fireworks for a vendor who sells sterling and gold name pendants with varying lengths of chain. Obviously, I'm going to need some kind of shopping cart for the customer to keep track of their choices and then link it to PayPal. So far, so good.

I've experimented with Open Cart and Zen Cart and, of course I've had my issues while learning. Is there anything more stripped down that will do what I need without having to upload thousands of files?

Thanks

Member #
    Liked
    265 times
    i suggest going away from that aspect and using Joomla with an e-commerce solution to do the work for you. granted you might need to play with the css of the joomla theme to make it look like you want. But with the time (and patience) you will be able to have a well structured cms and ecommerce site in one instance. =)
    If you like my comments to your thread please click the LIKE button

Check out my portfolio: Here!
    View my company Facebook Page
    View my company Website

<<Plrease ignoer my typo's I have isdexlyia>>

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by m3n0tu18, post: 221727
    i suggest going away from that aspect and using Joomla with an e-commerce solution to do the work for you. granted you might need to play with the css of the joomla theme to make it look like you want. But with the time (and patience) you will be able to have a well structured cms and ecommerce site in one instance. =)
    Thanks for your reply. I'll look into Joomla. I'm new to this and I've had an aversion to automated, packaged sites because I don't want clients thinking they can just do it on their own (even though they can't, really. No time). Any words regarding this? How am I limiting myself?

Member #
    He, is right. These days a CMS is a must. Wordpress can be used as a POWERFUL and Google Friendly CMS, also Joomla! (I use for more complex structured sites, such as eCommerce) and it is completely open source so if you ever have an issue..chances are the solution has been provided already. There are many ways to extend the capabilities with Plugins and really..Clients wont have to call you every time they need to change a phone number or image.

If you are thinking of learning more about Joomla try to watch some video tutorials *Lynda.com* has many decent ones.

As far as Ecommerce Solutions there are hundreds of extensions available for donwload for these Content Management Systems..

You will not be shooting yourself in the foot(by letting your customers update thier own content)
    It will ensure they only call you for complex and more profitable reasons

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    http://webhosting.yahoo.com/ps/sb/index.php

quick, manageable, great for something on the fly.

Remove Ads