Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi - Ok I am by no means a pro at this but like to have a play and have created a site for a friend www.amertonpottery.co.uk

I am having an issue with the changing images, on my mac in Safari and Firefox everything looks as it should, on my windows laptop again all ok however when my friend views it on his laptop with IE, he can only see the changing images on the Homepage and no other page - every page has a set of changing images... I am baffled could it be something to do with his internet settings/restrictions or have I done some thing wrong?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated:-)
    Thanks for your time
    Jo

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    When using more than basic CSS for styling, IE requires that you declare a valid doc type, where most other browsers will display correctly.

Search the forums for doc type or declare doc type, I suspect you'll see some similar type issues others were having and how to fix.

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Stay away from doctype strict and all that nonsense.

Just use one standard one which has been declared by the W3.

HTML Code:
    <!DOCTYPE html>

</html>
    If you IE still looks odd, then your css coding is incorrect and not clean and proper w3 standards.
    When you start using major hacks, then you must know your W3 standards are not correct.

Firefox, Chrome and all the browsers alike automatically fix improper W3 coding. IE simply doesn't auto fix it. that's why you find that IE normally looks like crap.

Remove Ads