Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    How can I add somethin to ALL my pages? Say I have 200 pages and I want to add the word "copyright" to the very end of each of them. Or, if I want to include like #include a footer to all of them.

I have a header in each page because I used the #include to add a header to each page, but I don't have a footer. How to add it to each page?

Thx.

Member #
    Liked
    181 times
    Use php. I dont want to explain because that will take to long. Search it up on Google.
    Artificial intelligence is nothing compared to natural stupidity -Someone

Design is a funny word. Some people think design means how it looks.
    But of course, if you dig deeper, itís really how it works.
    -Steve Jobs

Member #
    Liked
    265 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MrD777, post: 222325
    How can I add somethin to ALL my pages? Say I have 200 pages and I want to add the word "copyright" to the very end of each of them. Or, if I want to include like #include a footer to all of them.

I have a header in each page because I used the #include to add a header to each page, but I don't have a footer. How to add it to each page?

Thx.
    I dissagree with Andrew, he searched google and found us. We can help, Why send him back to look for it again?!

Anyways,

The easiest way is to have a cms. I suggest looking at CMS From Scratch its a very simple CMS that will help you achieve what you want to do. You will however, no matter what way you do it have to edit each and every page to achieve your goal. =) hope this helps
    If you like my comments to your thread please click the LIKE button

Check out my portfolio: Here!
    View my company Facebook Page
    View my company Website

<<Plrease ignoer my typo's I have isdexlyia>>

Member #
    Liked
    416 times
    Are you looking for something like this maybe?
    m3n0tu18 likes this.
    My freelancer website: DolidzeDesign

You only need a parachute if you plan on skydiving twice.

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Depending on your HTML editor, most have a "find/replace"... if your coding is standard across all the pages....

notepad ++ would allow you to find/replace

</body>
    </html>

with

<?php inculde("footer.php");?>
    </body>
    </html>

[SIZE=11px]on your footer.php page, just code it with standard HTML or PHP or whatever you want to display.[/SIZE]

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Well I understand that I have to do an include. I guess find/replace might help a tad. Still doesn't defeat the fact that I must manually edit every single html.

Thanks for the help guys.

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MrD777, post: 222383
    Well I understand that I have to do an include. I guess find/replace might help a tad. Still doesn't defeat the fact that I must manually edit every single html.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrD777, post: 222383

Thanks for the help guys.

You don't have to edit each separate html file unless they are all completely different form each other at the point where you want to insert the include.
    You would have to put the call to the include in every page, but if the pages have a similar layout, that would be simple. Use Notepad++ (free download) and use the "Find in Files" feature. You can specify a whole directory, include subdirectories, etc. where the changes will be made.

I usually do "Find in Files" first, to make sure the files are in fact the ones I want to change. Then I do "Replace in Files" and all the instances are changed at one go.

Choose where you want to put the include, then you'd put this into the search field

...some text or whatever the last bit of code is before you insert the include</>
    <some more code...

and this into the replace field

...some text or whatever the last bit of code is before you insert the include</>
    <div id="whereYouWantTheInclude">
    </div>
    <some more code...

Of course that will only work on pages that have the same content before and after the include. If you don't have that luxury, you will have to paste the include into the individual pages....
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Remove Ads