Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    My page seems not to be in the center of the page anymore (it use to be perfectly centered) . I don't know what happened, but I would like to know a solution to get the actual content centered in the browser. http://coltinator.com/

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    126 times
    add to your CSS file:
    body {
    margin: 0 auto !important;
    }

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    It didn't work.

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    On an iPhone using safari, it appears to be centered. What browser and version is it not being centered in ?

Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Quote Originally Posted by shovenose, post: 222551
    add to your CSS file:
    body {
    margin: 0 auto !important;
    }
    You need to define a width for contained elements and give them the same (margin: 0 auto attribute...ie:
    Code:
    #header { margin: 0 auto; width: 980px; }
    You can also achieve this in other ways, such as using a table container, which works surprisingly well.

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    In your CSS - the #top is absolutely positioned. Change it to relative.
    I have tried this in Chrome and Firefox, and it works in both.
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMare, post: 222599
    In your CSS - the #top is absolutely positioned. Change it to relative.
    I have tried this in Chrome and Firefox, and it works in both.
    It didn't work.

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    When I went to look at the site, it loaded extremely slow, this can be caused by a lot of factors...

I open it in chrome ( chrome has an audit tool built into to to help you determine where issue are ), wow, not run across one like this in a while...

to make a long story short, you should probably address the js and css issues in the chrome audit before you're going to find the answer to this issue. I suspect one of the many conflicts is causing the issue.

a general rule of thumb for css, the last element attributes to load are the ones applied to the design. running so many css style sheets can get confusing and cause some overlapping issues, especially if you're bring in resources, or just adding new things with seeing how they may impact the other portions of the site. the audit report shows you have 1100+ unused css rules...

open in chrome, right click, select "inspect element"... from there you can run an audit, select re-load and audit...

there also seems to be some connection errors with youtube, not causing any of your issues with display, but definitely slowing down load times ( select the "red" button in the bottom right of the status bar )

coltinator.JPG

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Webzarus, post: 222631
    When I went to look at the site, it loaded extremely slow, this can be caused by a lot of factors...

I open it in chrome ( chrome has an audit tool built into to to help you determine where issue are ), wow, not run across one like this in a while...

to make a long story short, you should probably address the js and css issues in the chrome audit before you're going to find the answer to this issue. I suspect one of the many conflicts is causing the issue.

a general rule of thumb for css, the last element attributes to load are the ones applied to the design. running so many css style sheets can get confusing and cause some overlapping issues, especially if you're bring in resources, or just adding new things with seeing how they may impact the other portions of the site. the audit report shows you have 1100+ unused css rules...

open in chrome, right click, select "inspect element"... from there you can run an audit, select re-load and audit...

there also seems to be some connection errors with youtube, not causing any of your issues with display, but definitely slowing down load times ( select the "red" button in the bottom right of the status bar )

coltinator.JPG
    Ok, thank you. I will definitely look at it.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Webzarus, post: 222631

coltinator.JPG
    I fixed a lot of the issues in the "[SIZE=11px]Optimize the order of styles and scripts" [/SIZE][SIZE=11px]section, but for some reason I can't find or fix the 3 issues left in that section. I also can't find any of the issues in the "[/SIZE][SIZE=11px]Put CSS in the document head[/SIZE][SIZE=11px]" section.[/SIZE]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads