Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Z-index?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I have tried to apply a higher z-index to my top nav bar than everything else on my site, but it doesn't seem to work. It just continues to show behind other elements on the site. http://www.coltinator.com/

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    In your home.css file, at about line 776 make #menuxmedia have a z-index of 200. That will let the drop-downs show on top of the content.

The blue divider bar (#topdivider, around line 829 in home.css) is a problem I can't figure out how to solve - if you put a z-index of anything bigger than 1 it cuts across the menu. If you givr it a z-index of 1 it disappears! The page looks just as good without it, so if it were me I'd just take it out and call it good, but if you really want it there, I hope someone else can help you out.
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMare, post: 222948
    In your home.css file, at about line 776 make #menuxmedia have a z-index of 200. That will let the drop-downs show on top of the content.

The blue divider bar (#topdivider, around line 829 in home.css) is a problem I can't figure out how to solve - if you put a z-index of anything bigger than 1 it cuts across the menu. If you givr it a z-index of 1 it disappears! The page looks just as good without it, so if it were me I'd just take it out and call it good, but if you really want it there, I hope someone else can help you out.
    Thank you very much.

Remove Ads