Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: css position

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    so i'm trying to position a picture. when in compatibility mode in IE I can align it fine but when I shut-off compatibility mode or view it in Mozilla it's 10 pixels off. I've switched back and forth between 'absolute' and 'relative' positioning but I encounter the same problem either way. Using the 'fixed' positioning is not an option either. Any suggestions?

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    also, I've tried both having the picture i want to position with it's frame (parent element) and outside out it in the coding and I still achieve the same undesirable result.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    so i'm trying to use a conditional comment linking to an alternate stylesheet for IE7 to fix this but my alternative style sheet isn't being called. I've place the following in the <head> tag after all the other style sheets have been called: <!--[if IE 7]>
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="ccs/iehack_index.css" />
    <![endif]-->

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    figured it out using the CC. just had to correct the spelling of the css file that the CC calls to match the name of the style sheet (dho!), and then just had to adjust the url for the images that the alternate css calls and now it's working fine.

Remove Ads