Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

EDC
    Member #
    Hey Guys,

I'm brand new to this forum so thanks in advance for your help. Like most of you, I prefer not to use Dreamweaver but I don't know how to do roll overs any other way....see the site below. Check out the navigation. Why do the nab buttons disappear on hover? How can I fix this or is there a better way to swap an image on hover? Thanks.

http://www.dejavoushaircare.com

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    W3schools.com has some good tutorials on basic CSS stuff.

Using the a:hover you can create the same image rollover effect easily.

I've been using DW a very long time, but I haven't used design view or any of the builtin scripts for about 5 years, the code is bloated, and a mess to try and fix if it breaks.

Take the time to learn some basics about CSS and you'll be amazed how easy it really is. There is a lot of help here on CSS issues if you need it.

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    He is, though likely through Dw, using CSS hovers. The reason it disappears and then pops back to the new image is that you're using a separate image for the hover state. That image doesn't load until you hover the link, so it takes a second.

There is an easy fix for this. Don't use images for the links. Instead, use text, and just change the background color on hover, since that's effectively what your images are doing.

There is another option as well: http://css-tricks.com/158-css-sprites/
    mafiya and AlphaMare like this.
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

Remove Ads