Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Good afternoon all.

Does anyone know if there is a way in .css to display the same piece of text in 2 different locations, using one style?

I have a span class defined which is implemented on mouseover to display a simple caption, similar to this tutorial, however I have set the parameters to display the caption at the top of my page rather than just above the text, now I would also like the caption to appear at the bottom of my page simultaneously.

My thoughts are that I won't be able to do this in the same class, rather I'll have to activate two classes on mouseover (one positioned at the top of the page, the other at the bottom) and repeat the caption content for each class, however I'm a little concerned about repeating content.

Any tips appreciated!

Member #
    Liked
    265 times
    Quote Originally Posted by eif media, post: 226582
    Good afternoon all.

Does anyone know if there is a way in .css to display the same piece of text in 2 different locations, using one style?

I have a span class defined which is implemented on mouseover to display a simple caption, similar to this tutorial, however I have set the parameters to display the caption at the top of my page rather than just above the text, now I would also like the caption to appear at the bottom of my page simultaneously.

My thoughts are that I won't be able to do this in the same class, rather I'll have to activate two classes on mouseover (one positioned at the top of the page, the other at the bottom) and repeat the caption content for each class, however I'm a little concerned about repeating content.

Any tips appreciated!
    Sounds to me you'll either need a PhP Include or go down the CMS Route there.
    If you like my comments to your thread please click the LIKE button

Check out my portfolio: Here!
    View my company Facebook Page
    View my company Website

<<Plrease ignoer my typo's I have isdexlyia>>

Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Have you tried any psuedo-classes to accomplish this?

for example:
    Code:
    #header-main a.mainlink:before { content: "."; font: bold 28px "Helvetica Neue",helvetica,arial,verdana,sans-serif; text-decoration: none; }
    You can enter anything into content. This is for my fluid webpage's navigation you'll see in action soon (below).

Any anchor tag with a class of mainlink in #header-main will have a huge, colored square period before it. You can do this for really any tag ie: <p>. I'm not exactly sure what you are looking to do but this might help?

Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Whoops just saw the tutorial link...so you want info bubbles?

Use an existing API! They are everywhere and quite good.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    I've gone for the easy option for now (can be seen on adwordsearch below) but thanks for the suggestions!

I was hunting for a long time to find anything close to what I wanted so any further info on or links to existing APIs would be much appreciated.

Remove Ads