Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Hi, I wonder if anyone can help me with this issue.

I'm using Dreamweaver MX2004 and have built a website with all pages based on a master template.

Up until now, all changes made on the master template have updated in the child pages. But today, it's decided not to do this! It doesn't even ask me if I want the pages updated when I save the master template.

The only thing I can think that might have affected it is that I put this revised website into the old version so that it appears in its own folder and I could upload it for only the client to see.

Looking at the code, the child pages seem to be refering to the correct master template so I can't work out what could be wrong.

Thanks in advance

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Sometime DW loses it's index... so you may need to force it to rebuild the index so it knows where all the "child pages are" and what to change.

buried in the settings and options somewhere ( can't remember exactly )... moved on to ASP years ago for that kind of stuff... DW became a real pain for maintaining templates.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Thanks for your advice. It's done it to me before but I couldn't remember what I did to remedy the situation!

Remove Ads