Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hello web design masters of the interweb!
    Please help me solve this simple issue:
    I'm working with a web template and am trying to extend a text table's width ... but it won't let me extend it past a certain point without the background jutting in. I'm guessing there's a divider there hidden in the HTML code or maybe a limitation in the style sheet... I'm definitely qualified to edit the code and fix it but I can't for the life of me figure out what the problem is.
    Here are pics of the issue:
    Default text box width:
    http://www.offcampuscanes.com/RARE/rare1.jpg
    Text box width extended but background cutting in:
    http://www.offcampuscanes.com/RARE/rare2.jpg
    Any ideas?? It really is driving me insane and any reply is MUCH appreciated!!!!

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Couple of issues.

1. You're using tables, what you are running into is one of the limitations when using tables for design layouts.

Background images are specific to the table they are embedded in. Once you start nesting tables within tables, there's no real nice and easy way of Controling what is or isn't seen on the nested tables.

Tables are meant for tabular data, not layouts.

2. Table background images are repeating by default, unless you create a class that you can define height and with attributes of the one background element within the parent table ...

You should really consider looking into different layout options.

Remove Ads