Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hi guys this would be my fifth post and it is about Dreamweaver software.
    I'm using CS4 (2008 ver.)

The difficulty i'm facing is that the Dreamweaver display different in design view and different in live view and also sometimes different in preview browser window. I'm having very hard time with dealing with this software.

My Question is Am doing anything wrong? or this version has serious bugs inside of it?
    if has then what ver. is perfect and are you fully satisfied with it?

Waiting for responses.....

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    None are perfect, there are going to be difference between design view and the browser preview depending on what browser youre using as your preview browser.

Btw.. You can configure multiple browsers for preview so you can open up the pages in different browsers with just a push of the button.

I think firefox or Mozilla is the closest "standards" browser that displays closest to what DW shows in preview mode. ( but that also depends on the version ).

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Which software web designers mostly prefer for designing there sites?

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    126 times
    Most good web designers custom code (by hand) their websites using simple tools such as Notepad++ or Bluefish.
    Dreamweaver is really expensive for very little usefulness.
    Andrew Yurlov likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    181 times
    Quote Originally Posted by shovenose, post: 229138
    Most good web designers custom code (by hand) their websites using simple tools such as Notepad++ or Bluefish.
    Dreamweaver is really expensive for very little usefulness.
    ^this^
    Artificial intelligence is nothing compared to natural stupidity -Someone

Design is a funny word. Some people think design means how it looks.
    But of course, if you dig deeper, itís really how it works.
    -Steve Jobs

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    I don't think there is an answer to that question, nor should there be. Different web professionals (designers, developers, etc.) have different tools for different needs.

For example, I'm a big fan of Visual Web Developer Express, but I do a lot of ASP/ASP.net work and it's a huge time saver for me as a result (particularly on the latter). Shovenose prefers Notepad++, which is decent in its own right. Others may prefer something else.

The utlimate answer is "whatever gets the job done right."
    AlphaMare and MHometchko like this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGAME1264, post: 229565
    ...The utlimate answer is "whatever gets the job done right."
    The Game is absolutely right, it is a personal choice. I myself use Notepad++ mostly, but also HTML-Kit (I like the preview part) and they are both free downloads. I do occasionally use Dreamweaver CS4 when I have a long stretch of code and need to pinpoint something fast - although I don't ever actually edit in design view, I just use it to find my spot, the go into code view to edit. I have found that design view hardly ever renders the site the way it will look in a browser.

Try out a couple of things and see which one you feel most comfortable with.
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGAME1264, post: 229565
    The utlimate answer is "whatever gets the job done right."
    This ^

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Yeah, that. And the guy who posted that is friggin' awesome. Please remind him at every opportunity because he needs to have his ego inflated.
    shovenose and AlphaMare like this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGAME1264, post: 229798
    Yeah, that. And the guy who posted that is friggin' awesome. Please remind him at every opportunity because he needs to have his ego inflated.
    I agree...he's a true champion.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads