Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hi guys,

I created a header with this brush-stroke type of font that I downloaded from MyFonts as a webfont. When I use the font in Photoshop, it looks really cool with different transparency parts, and it really looks like brush strokes:

However, when I load it as a webfont (Chrome & FF on Mac), it doesn't look so good It seems as if the browser is rendering the semi-transparent pixels as opaque.

Has anyone else ever encountered this problem and do you know if there is any solution?

Thanks,
    Heather
    choosy developers choose gif!
    website | paintings | blog

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Anti-aliasing. Photoshop anti-aliases text if you tell it to, whereas Chrome and FF don't no matter what. Unfortunately, there are a lot of fonts labelled as webfonts that clearly aren't (a lot of the Helvetica series of fonts such as Helvetica Neue, for example, aren't).

If you want it to appear the way you have it in the top image, you'll have to embed it as a graphic. Alternatively, you could find another font, but I wouldn't if I were you...you've got a nice chalkboard thing happening.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Thanks for the reply. That sucks

Just one more question, why does it seem like the standard fonts are anti-aliased in Chrome and FF?

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    They may have inherited the anti-aliasing from the Mac OS itself (not sure on that). I can't speak to that, though, because I avoid anything fruit-based like the plague.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Ha, okay, thanks If you avoid anything fruit-based then you have to avoid me! Because I am raspberryh! :-P
    TheGAME1264 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    I meant crass commercial fruit.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Okay good

Remove Ads