Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Alright so I built my first website and you can look at it www.diezelroidzperformance.com I know its not great and it is basically an elaborate under-construction page. It all show the extend of my knowledge so far in web building. Someone told me it looks like it was built right out of 1996 lol and well I do agree!!

So I am working on a new website basically I was able to find a template that I liked and I am changing the majority of things on it to suit my needs but I am still having issues with a couple things.

Any help on these questions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Issue #1

So in my new website I created a home page that I thought I liked and so I used that as the basis for all my other pages basically just duplicated it oh about 80 times so far to build all the pages for my links on the home page. Well and funny things is I got to looking at the home page and I started to change things of the base layout. now I have 80 plus pages that don't include these little changes when I click on a link so I started to go in and change all the css in each page and well this is taking for ever and I know there is a better way to do this but I dont know how to do this and I would really like some help on it. I mean really I dont want to have to go into each and every page and make an update in the css 80 plus times please any help?

Issue#2

The next problem that I am having is that I want to build a killer online store for my company and not even sure how to do this yet but I need to get it up and running very fast and possibly before the rest of the site is done. I am seeing if anybody has so good resources for building stores that I can use. Oh also I have about 1.5 million different products that I would like to eventually all have on the site. I do have prices and images for all of the different products

I thank you for reading this and helping me out I hope that someone can help me

Thanks again

Eis
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Well, it appears you have an external stylesheet... so what do you mean by:
    now I have 80 plus pages that don't include these little changes when I click on a link so I started to go in and change all the css in each page and well this is taking for ever and I know there is a better way to do this but I dont know how to do this and I would really like some help on it.
    And sorry about Issue #2. Cannot help at all with that. ^_^;

Edit: Also, try to avoid Comic Sans.

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    do a little research on using "includes", depending on what server platform you'll be using ( yes there are several ), you'll either use php for linux based servers, or .asp or asp.net for windows based servers. dont even bother withe shtml includes

create the sections that are common to all pages ( header, navigation, footers )... include them in your designs, then when you change one of them, it shows up on all pages.

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    As for the killer online store.... do some research on it... no sense in re-creating the wheel.

with client security as the main issue here, someone with limited knowledge of development should not attempt to create something that is going to be transmitting client information ...

Remove Ads