Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi all,

A question. I am designing a page and I have inserted some Flash buttons (I use Dreamweaver MX).

I also have a layer on the page, and have use on mouse over to change the text of the layer when the mouse moves over each Flash button.

This works fine in IE, but does nothing in Netscape 7.1 Looking at the code, in the object tag, the onmouseover event is called, but there is nothing in the embed tag that Dreamweaver put in. The text is below:

<object classid="clsid27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=5,0,0,0" width="100" height="22" onMouseOver="MM_setTextOfLayer('SideLayer1?rspace' ,'','%3Ch4%3EPerformance%3C/h4%3E%0D%0A%0D%0A%3Cp%3E n. The act of performing; the carrying into execution or action; execution; achievement; accomplishment; representation by action; as, the performance of an undertaking of a duty.%3C/p%3E')">
    <param name="BGCOLOR" value="#0099CC">
    <param name="movie" value="button1.swf">
    <param name="quality" value="high">
    <param name="base" value=".">
    <embed src="button1.swf" width="100" height="22" base="." quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" bgcolor="#0099CC" ></embed>
    </object>

Any idea how I can get this to work in Netscape. Ir eally don't want to ditch the flash buttons and have to create all the buttons in fireworks unless I really can't find a work around

Thanks all,

DavidM

dnmartin98@nospamhotmail.com

Member #
    The object tag conflicts with Netscape and therefor will not work. Although it uses EMBED tag.

I think there are some answers on Google, try searching there.
    assassingod - vB.org Moderator :ichatsmile:

Member #
    Okay, so is there any way of writing this code so that it works for both browsers? I tried using just <embed> and taking out the <object>. It still worked fine in IE but nothing happened in Netscape.

Is it just that this won't work with Netscape (mouseover and an embed combination) or am I missing something here....

David

Member #
    IIRC Netscape will remove the OBJECT tag and use EMBED, and it should work. Can't think why it's not working.
    assassingod - vB.org Moderator :ichatsmile:

Remove Ads