Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    So...im working on a site in Dreamweaver.
    And its for a big project, so I want all to be working fine.
    Now, i want my site to be able to fit all resolutions w/o scrolling of the layout needed (im working with a seperate box where the content comes in, and that will be scrollable). I put the layout in a div, and first set the width and height to the pixels of the site layout (which was pretty big) that didnt work. I read on the internet that i should work with % so i set it to 100% still didnt work, then i lowered the % still no luck.
    Then i tried with an 800x600 test layout, put it in a div and set the width + height to 100% still didnt work.
    Basically it doesnt matter what i try, but the scrolling stays ._.
    Can any1 tell me how i have to fix this??

Member #
    Liked
    265 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimikai, post: 233105
    Now, i want my site to be able to fit all resolutions w/o scrolling of the layout needed (im working with a seperate box where the content comes in, and that will be scrollable). I put the layout in a div, and first set the width and height to the pixels of the site layout (which was pretty big) that didnt work. I read on the internet that i should work with % so i set it to 100% still didnt work, then i lowered the % still no luck.
    Then i tried with an 800x600 test layout, put it in a div and set the width + height to 100% still didnt work.
    I presume (I hope) when you say scrolling you mean on the horizontal axis rather than the vertical axis. If you set your div layout to width:920px; it will support most browsers (except 800x600, but who uses that stuff.) then you should have no problems. Of course if you still want to do 800x screen sizes (which your mad if you do ) then look at Fluid layout.

Hope this helps man

-m3
    If you like my comments to your thread please click the LIKE button

Check out my portfolio: Here!
    View my company Facebook Page
    View my company Website

<<Plrease ignoer my typo's I have isdexlyia>>

Member #
    Nope...i honestly mean the vertical axis it scrolls downwards, and basically i want my layout to be set steady, and i have an IFrame set up so the content can scroll in that.
    Is it still possible to fix that too, or will ill always keep the vertical scrolling (honestly from the start there has been no vertical scrolling hehe)

Member #
    Liked
    265 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimikai, post: 233117
    Nope...i honestly mean the vertical axis it scrolls downwards, and basically i want my layout to be set steady, and i have an IFrame set up so the content can scroll in that.
    Is it still possible to fix that too, or will ill always keep the vertical scrolling (honestly from the start there has been no vertical scrolling hehe)
    OHHH!!! I think I see what you mean. Check my freelance site in my signature. Is it something similar to that?

View my company Website

Eis
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimikai, post: 233105
    Whatever div it is that you want to have no scrollbar, you can add overflow:hidden; to it.
    So it would look somewhat like this.

Code:
    #noscrolldiv {

height: 600px;

width: 800px;

overflow:hidden;

}
    The overflow hidden will make it so they can't scroll to content that is under the current div or whatever, but you can still link to it.

Hopefully I understood you. ^_^ (And that you understood me)

Member #
    @m3n0tu18 ehmm... ur site is really different to what im making haha (sorry i dont have it online yet). But i think i can make an example with yours. Say if you would only take the My portfolio part, same as what my site does, it wont sroll sideways. Now really just cut your my portfolio part out as if it would be all your site had. What im trying to create then, is to make something that will be steady in both horizontal AND vertical. So just like you have it on that part, theres some kind of menu, and a part next to it where the new content keeps showing.
    So ye...basically if you would cut out your My portfolio part, you would have the basic setup of what i want to be my website. All i need now is to make sure it fits all resolutions. (I do fit a blank color in the background). I hope this makes it somewhat clear.

@Eis ill try the overflow part, so... basically what i would have to do then is change the regular div into a noscrolldiv with a css rule of overflow hidden??

The main issue im having is that the layout i made for my site, scrolls vertically... which i do not want because i didnt make the setup to do that xD there wont be christ long pages where the content comes on.
    Just a decent website that has a layout (standard) and a nice frame where all the needed content will scroll in. So...its basically the window scrolling im talking about, not the content frame scrolling.

I hope i can make it clear like this, else i could try to make a printscreen of what i have atm. and see if that would help?

PS. yes im somewhat of a noob haha, i am trying to do my best, and sofar all worked out after a few times of trying. Tho im really stuck on this one

Member #
    Liked
    265 times
    Ohhh
    thats the same as my frixel site. Where the scrollbar is removed. Its quite easy to do. Add overflow:hidden; to your body tag then Job done. The user cant scroll

View my company Website

Member #
    So ... Basically if i understand right now, its a combination of making the layout on the lowest used screenresolution, putting it into a div with width and height set to 100% (so it will expand or contract itself according to the screenresolution of the user) and then adding an overflow:hidden command to the div so itll cut the scrolling of the excess background color?

Member #
    Liked
    265 times
    i suppose you can have this:

Code:
    #container{
    min-width:780px;
    max-width:960px;
    width:100%;
    min-height:550px;
    max-height:1024px;
    height:100%;
    margin:auto;
    background-color:cyan;
    }
    Give that a go, it should only go to a minimum resolution of 780px and a maximumof 960px in width same with the height. the margin auto centers the document.
    Its worth a try but ive never done it, its just from coding styles. It would make all our lives easier if you uploaded the site to the net... www.000webhost.com is a free hosting company you can deploy it to for testing

-m3
    Eis likes this.

View my company Website

Remove Ads