Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I'm a complete newbie to web page developement. I was going through some HTML codes from already existing web pages when I came across something like this as shown below.

<form method="post" name="rebootFrom" action="/goform/management">

I was unable to locate any form Handlers in the list of files available with the web pages. This got me wondering, is the "/goform/.." some kind of a web standard? What does it largely do? When and where is it used? I was not able to find much content on the net, so if anybody can provide some useful links too, that would be great.

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    No...

That being said, depending on the environment it's used in as well as the server environment...

I've seen some .jsp builds that completely lost me, but unless the server has several java classes installed and registered thier stuff won't work either...

So, depending on what it's being used on, and how the server is configured to handle it ( by the looks, there is a folder called goform/perhaps with a single default page and the last section Is part of the command string ( that and the name of the form ).... But I'm just guessing at this point... Without knowing any of the above...

Remove Ads