Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hello, I have this animation made in Flash which has text embeded. I'd like to have the text not as part of the animation - my aim is so that it can be within the

so as to allow it to be "read" by search engines. I've managed to remove the text by decompiling the swf and then with swiffy convert it to html5. My question is, how can I now place this "swiffy-made" html5 animation as a background on which I can place the text?

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Swf cannot be used as a background... Because it is an object that has to be embedded...

That being said ... Some creative CSS can accomplish this ... Using the z-index to set the container with the swf... At the lowest level, then having another div with a transparent background in the same location with the text , setting the z-index higher so it is displayed over...

No idea if this is even possible in html5 and personally don't care at this point, at least until at least 90% of html5 tags are recognized by most browsers... This can be done with standard XHTML and CSS .

Remove Ads