Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Im in my infantile stages of creating web pages but Im trying to learn. Basically want I want to do is have a background image centered with a black background. I also need the link bar on the top left of the image. I figured out how to use a div to center the background image and set margins to get the logo and links to where I needed them (or so I thought). The links and logo move depending on the browser and device viewing it on. I had it working with table but couldnt get the background image to stop repeating even though I specified no repeat. Here is the site Im working on. www.chacethis.com

Any suggestions to help me out? Get me pointed in the right direction? I tried slicing up the whole image file and tried using the bottom slice as a background image so I can work on that space. Im not sure if thats possible. If it is how?

Here is a jpg copy of the psd Im working with. The site should ideally look like this but with black edges on the left and right....

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Nevermind I got it figured out. I grabbed a free theme with the basic layout I needed and just tore through the code until I got what I needed working. Woot!
    m3n0tu18 and AlphaMare like this.

Member #
    Liked
    265 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsamp, post: 236459
    Nevermind I got it figured out. I grabbed a free theme with the basic layout I needed and just tore through the code until I got what I needed working. Woot!
    Thanks for explaining what you did to correct the issue, we get quite a few users who just say I figured it out and we have to ask for their solution. Thanks again.

-m3
    If you like my comments to your thread please click the LIKE button

Check out my portfolio: Here!
    View my company Facebook Page
    View my company Website

<<Plrease ignoer my typo's I have isdexlyia>>

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Oh yeah no problem. I do this kind of stuff all the time. You know post for help then figure it out haha. I used this template http://www.freewebsitetemplates.com/...rldofwarcraft/

The center position with the image of the elf caught my attention. I went through the css file and deleted all the stuff to get just that area. Then I just fixed the margins, width, height, etc to get it working. Just glad I got it working.
    m3n0tu18 likes this.

Remove Ads