Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

My index page is not displaying in IE. Please help!

I've created a site in Dreamweaver and the index is not showing in Internet Explorer, however, other page do display. the site is www.mastershifttransmissions.com the page www.mastershifttransmissions.com/videoPage.html shows just fine.

Both pages show the same compatibility issues yet one displays and not the other? I've fixed all but one issue "box expansion" and still no luck.

Any ideas?
    Thanks
    Bwood

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Might have something to do with you're calling a .swf file from above the root of the site...

Remove the ../ from your path calling the flash... IE is finicky at best with flash... But ms pushed out a security update about 6 months ago... For IE ... Depending on how you embed the flash... IE sees it ( identifies it as an activeX object ( even though it's not )... And security on activeX is by default turned up to its highest level... Which means... If there is anything wrong with the way you embed your flash component... IE will just stop loading the page...

2 ways to fix... Find a different way to embed your flash , change your browser security level for activeX components... Since you can't ask your visitors to change their security settings... Your best bet would be to find a better way to embed your flash

Member #
    Ok thanks. I think I just change to a javascript slideshow

Remove Ads