Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hello Designers, can someone help me on this. Im designing my self a portfolio website for a graphic and web design posistion, and after doing so much editing to get it the way I want it to look. The nav link got stuck, in the background image Div id.

At one point I had it float:right in the header Div, right of the header. I move the UL list back in forth, out of the backgnd img div and back to header Div. But when It's viewed live or preview in firfx, IE and chrme, it's stuck and shows up in the bakgnd img DIV. Well I have Dreamweaver snapshots with the codes.

This is where I want the Nav links, in the header DIV: Click on the image to enlarge it

Html source code:
    Css source code:

This is the problem Im having, showing up in Bakgrnd img DIV, even though UL list links are in the header DIV:

Help Web friends, what is it?

Rob

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    This is why Dr*amw*av*r sucks (among many other reasons). The design preview doesn't in any way reflect how browsers are going to handle your code. The only thing that will reflect how a browser will handle your code is...well, a browser.

What you want is a fixed width for your unordered list so that it sits in that spot you want. Try this:
    Code:
    #header ul {width:  400px;}
    I've allowed a bit of natural padding on the left for you.
    RjapzDesigns likes this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGAME1264, post: 237937
    This is why Dr*amw*av*r sucks (among many other reasons). The design preview doesn't in any way reflect how browsers are going to handle your code. The only thing that will reflect how a browser will handle your code is...well, a browser.

What you want is a fixed width for your unordered list so that it sits in that spot you want. Try this:
    Code:
    #header ul {width:  400px;}
    I've allowed a bit of natural padding on the left for you.
    After the width 400px,It's still stuck, But I might just leave it that way, looks kinda cool, I just position:relative to keep it there. But I do appreciate the help anyway, you got a LIKE. Im always going to have problems, so you gonna see me here allot, as a matter of fact, I think I just ran into another problem...LOL

In many ways Drmwevr is kinda cool, and all webdesigning companies/firms has to have Drmwvr. And in many ways it does suck. But builds experience using it, I have a better chance landing a graphic and web position. It's like a web designers software by default. By the way, nice websites, you build them both?

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Actually, the companies I've worked with don't use DW at all. Most of the time, it's "draw it in Photoshop", then "carve it and code it by hand", then "build in the programming layer if applicable, and it usually is." DW is slowly but surely fading away, as well it should...it creates far more problems than it's worth.

Thanks, and I did.
    AlphaMare likes this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Remove Ads