Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I am building a new site here, and things were going great at first. I needed to adjust a column on one page to allow it to be wide enough to fit several images side by side, so I edited the width of the box. When I did that, it screwed up almost every page, causing formatting issues. Can someone please help me correct this?
    On the Home Page, The section there that says "What We Do" is supposed to be exactly aligned with the rest of the content in the center of the page. How can I fix the style sheet to correct this without screwing up every other page?

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    After looking at this page you are doing, I am not quite sure why this is desperate. Your jQuery photo slide is doing its duty, your page is centered and looks professional.

Then none of the experts here have responded by now, so that tells me that you didn't provide enough info to get your answer (Maybe you've figured it out at this point).

I do have some thoughts, though.
    1. Why do you have a bunch of styles inside your HTML file without any comments that describe their purpose? My gut tells me this is where the problem is.
    2. Your markup did not validate with 14 errors. validator.w3.org - That's where you should start.

I looked at all the pages for the 'Bullrose Bulldogs' site, and I really couldn't see where there were glaring holes that made the site terrible. Although, your top and bottom nav menus aren't behaving correctly, and you have a bunch of bulldogs named Tiger that look the exact same.

-T

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Smith, post: 238535
    After looking at this page you are doing, I am not quite sure why this is desperate. Your jQuery photo slide is doing its duty, your page is centered and looks professional.

Then none of the experts here have responded by now, so that tells me that you didn't provide enough info to get your answer (Maybe you've figured it out at this point).

I do have some thoughts, though.
    1. Why do you have a bunch of styles inside your HTML file without any comments that describe their purpose? My gut tells me this is where the problem is.
    2. Your markup did not validate with 14 errors. validator.w3.org - That's where you should start.

I looked at all the pages for the 'Bullrose Bulldogs' site, and I really couldn't see where there were glaring holes that made the site terrible. Although, your top and bottom nav menus aren't behaving correctly, and you have a bunch of bulldogs named Tiger that look the exact same.

-T
    Thank you indeed for the reply Tiger. I got past the issue with help from someone, forgot this post was still open. I am still waiting for all the pictures of the dogs so that I can make thumbnails for all the doge. Which is why those pages are the way they are. Thanks for the heads up.

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Maybe you can post the solution with your code to help others (including me) find out what you did to solve it.

-T
    AlphaMare likes this.

Remove Ads