Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hello, I have an HTML form and I really would like it be be sent from my cgimail but I cant figure that out if someone could help me with that problem I thank you.
    That is question one.
    Part two. LOL. When you submit the form it gets sent to a predefined email addy, naturaly. But How do I get my autoresponder to email back to the submited email address on the form?
    Any help is very much in favor Thanks in advance
    SILO
    c:\format c:

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Your cgimail program should have instructions or specs on how to work with it. Which one are you using?

Member #
    I am not sure what you mean by program. The company I have my site hosted by covers a little about making cgimail work. But I dont see anything about a program it uses. What is a common program should I be looking for.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    CGImail is a program. It is written in CGI/Perl. The way it works is that it processes the form that you submit and composes an email from it. For it to work, you probably need inputs that contain the "from", "to", "subject", and "body" fields. I'm not sure how you would specify the mail server... each mailer program has its own specs.

Member #
    Ok, I have looked at a few cut and paste cgi scripts, and well to be honest, the code compleatly baffles me. And I think I am going to stick with HTML and Java where I am safe and can't get into any trouble. Thanks for the help though.
    SILO.

Remove Ads