Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi,
    I am fairly new to coding and need an expert's help. I just changed out a graphic on the site I manage and now there is a mystery line that looks like a horizontal rule. I cannot see where the error is on the page! Could someone please take a look at www.boojum.org? Between the logo and the header statement (the chalkboard graphic) there appears a line. Where is it in the code? What did I do wrong?
    ANY help is very much appreciated!!
    Thanks, Robyn

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    What image did you replace ?

It looks like a CSS border attribute, but you have a whole lot of CSS files and I'm on an iPhone so can't look into them.

I suspect you replaced an image with a different size than the original and somehow the CSS border attribute is either being pushed out becaus of the size or the border was used as a shadow effect on the original image ?

So if you put the original image back, does the line to away ? Just wondering.

Member #
    Thank you! It was the Header Statement (chalkboard image) that was replaced and it may be a slightly different size... Yes, replacing the original image does make it go away. This image will need to be replaced several times a year, however, and I need to know how to fix it. If you have time later and can identify the line(s) of CSS causing the problems, would you please let me know?
    This is how I learn best and all your help is MUCH appreciated!!

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    The reason the line looks like a horizontal rule is because...well, it is a horizontal rule.

In your "call us" section, you have a horizontal rule (it's the first line of code within it). That's what's causing the line. If you don't need it, take it out...if you do need it, clear any floats immediately after you're done using them (remember...when you float, you must clear, or issues such as this will appear) and see what happens.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Thank you for the help! It WAS an HR, for sure. But what I needed was to add overflow:hidden; to the #main_wrapper in style.css.

I appreciate all who responded!!!
    Robyn

Remove Ads