Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    5
    Member #
    33133
    I am designing an HTML5 website for a local business, this is my first foray into the world of professional website design. It's been a good experience up until now...

    My site is set to open a mobile version on any device under 480 px wide, but, after I added an HTML5 slideshow to the homepage (index.html), the mobile version no longer shows the company logo (Spenser & Associates) or the Nav bar, which are still present on all the other pages.

    The only thing I've found which seems a bit strange is that in style-desktop.css there is now a "header h1" entry, and a "header h1 a," and and all help would be SO appreciated. I am attaching a screenshot of the desktop homepage and the mobile homepage. The index.html and stylesheets (style-desktop.css, and style.css) are HERE (https://www.box.com/s/xp5og421xb0ropg70e1i)

    Thanks so much!
    Jon Schuster
    jschuster08@yahoo.com
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2.  

  3. #2
    Senior Member Webzarus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    South Carolina Coast
    Posts
    3,322
    Member #
    27709
    Liked
    770 times
    I see you're testing as a local machine file instead of running it through a server ?

    Don't know what else is going on, but li cannot really test most stuff properly unless you let a server actually serve the conent.

    If you're just resizing your browser for mobile testing, not gonna work properly.

    And I've found that trying to use a detection script for browser width is hit or miss at best, depending on a browsers setting ( does it do this in all browsers ? ), it may or may not load properly.

    Personally, I use a server side script to look for the browsers ( user_agent ) string to determine what to serve. The browser setting don't even come into play.

    I'd suggest you test your pages from a server ( WAMP does a pretty good install ), or there are some bare bones web servers for static pages ( analogx.com has a decent bare bones web server ).

  4. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    5
    Member #
    33133
    I'm using a couple of android smartphones for mobile testing. Will update once I have the pages running from a server.

  5. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    5
    Member #
    33133
    FWIW I have isolated the issue. Somehow the HTML5 Slideshow is interfering with the Mobile Header. In the index.html file it is between <!Start Slideshow Script!> and <!End Slideshow Script!>.


Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:37 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2019 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
vBulletin Skin By: PurevB.com