Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hey everyone..

Name is Martin. Just signed up. I'm failry new to web design. My question.. I'm trying to design a website for a friend. By his request, he wanted a flash header with clickable buttons. The other buttons on the site aren't flash, they were designed in photoshop, and simply placed into dreamweaver. Problem is, he wanted each page to have a different flash header, with different pictures rolling around. Therefore there are something like 12 different SWF files. 3 of which are pretty heafty. I was wondering how/if there was a way to set up the site to "preload" all the swf's, so make navigation smoother (not having to wait for the headers to load as you enter each page). I've watched a few tuts on youtube.. none of them really touched base on exactly what I'm trying to do. I've seen a bunch of pre-loader tuts, but none of them really show you how to integrate them with dreamweaver. Hopefully you understand what I'm trying to do..

The site is a litte junky right now, and very simple.. I've uploaded what I have as of now.. nessmuk.ca

Thanks

Martin

Remove Ads