Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    171 times
    So I have incorporated a Jquery full image background to the home/intro page of this site and I can't figure out what I did and how to get rid of the bottom scroll bar. It didn't show up until I added the following CSS.

http://coffeeisus.com.au/

HTML Code:
        .top {
        width:100%;
        position: absolute;
        top: -3px;

}
            .topcontainer {
            width: 960px;
            margin: auto;
            }
    For right now I have the CSS on the page but will move it to external Style sheet after I hammer out all of the issues.
    When I have issues like this and I realize I still have so much to learn. Thank you for your help!

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    .top {left: 0;}

Watch what that does. You'll love it. It will make you feel all warm and fuzzy.

The paisans that own that site will thank me as well. And maybe give me free cappuccino or however it's spelled. And I'll give it to someone else because I don't drink that stuff.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    171 times
    Really that's all it was ahhhh THANK YOU so much Game. I feel real warm and fuzzy now lol!

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    That's what happens with absolute positioning, dude...you have to be very careful and you have to be very explicit.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    171 times
    I figured I needed to use absolute positioning because I am using the Full BG and I figured if it was absolute the page would stay the same at any size.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Not sure if that's a good reason myself. I don't know the whole fullBg thing works.

Member #
    Liked
    171 times
    Well it is suppose to LOL When I hold down Ctrl and Scroll the screen to large and small it works!!

Member #
    Have you looked at using the .svg thing as a scalable full bkgnd img?

If thats what you re after its really good. I ve been wondering about how to do minefor a while and this has solved it.

Use your vector software or use free open source inkscape to create your image and then set it as the background at 100%.

Its good stuff!

http://www.html5rocks.com/en/tutoria..._fundamentals/

Remove Ads