Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    My page is http://comoexitaraunamujer.mx/como-p...en-10-minutos/ .

I was working on it and inserted a Woo shortcode like this [box] [/box] around a piece of code and paragraph that had something like <div class="thefirst-box"> attached to it. (This paragraph area had been it's own type of box in the past- I just switched to WooThemes and with the new theme there was no longer an border and fill color (an html box) around this area so I added the woo shortcode for one.

Anyway, it messed up my page bad somehow...I have no idea what happened. I tweaked back and forth a little bit and it just made it WAY worse. Everything is all over the place. Any ideas?

Member #
    I fixed some of it by removing some </div> pieces I didn't see. But why is my footer text at the top right of the page and my sidebar widgets all the way down at the bottom?

Member #
    I managed to fix that too....didn't realize that div class marks can **** up your page that bad. What's that all about?

Member #
    You need to check every tag you ve used and make sure its been closed. Just remember to keep in mind which div contains what you want and close it. Keep on top of it by naming each div or tag appropriately. This way you can keep track of what you re doing and if you make a mistake,its easy to backtrack and recover.

Just good practice. If you think you re going off on a tangent because you re thinking of trying something else, make a back up of the page as well.....then go off on a tangent. If it all turns out to be one big fail, you can just load up the back up page and carry on.

Good luck!

Remove Ads