Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    New to webdesign and can't seem to get a few images to work.

I read a lot of advice online and it all said the same thing. I verified that everything was located in the correct folder and had the correct file names, but my images still won't show up on one page (just five of them). Could someone please give me some advice?

http://bugvibes.com/products

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    126 times
    I'm assuming you're referring to the 5 product images on the home page?
    It looks like they are not loading because you cannot have spaces in the file names. You must rename them before they can work. For example, this would be INVALID: my random image.jpg. These would be VALID: my_random_image.jpg myrandomimage.jpg my-random-image.jpg.
    Hope this helps. If you have any further questions don't hesitate to post them and enjoy making your website!

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    126 times
    Edit: I mean the 5 product images on the Products page not the Home page. Sorry for any confusion!

Member #
    Thank you so much!!!! It actually wasn't that, but when I went back to remove the spaces, I noticed what it was. In linking to the pictures, I had the images folder with a capital I instead of a lowercase i. I totally disregarded looking at the names of this since I had uploaded them through the Dreamweaver tool and not changed the folders names. I guess I need to trust programs less as Dreamweaver had uploaded the folder names wrong for some images! Who would have thought...

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenn62587, post: 244452
    Thank you so much!!!! It actually wasn't that, but when I went back to remove the spaces, I noticed what it was. In linking to the pictures, I had the images folder with a capital I instead of a lowercase i. I totally disregarded looking at the names of this since I had uploaded them through the Dreamweaver tool and not changed the folders names. I guess I need to trust programs less as Dreamweaver had uploaded the folder names wrong for some images! Who would have thought...
    Funny.... In all my years of using DW ( since version 2.0 ), it has never done anything like that... Yeah... I've screwed up folder naming before... And DW did exactly what I told it to do, but its never just taken it upon itself to change something.

As for folder naming... Depending on the hosting providers setup and OS... You can have mixed case folder name and even folder names with spaces... On a windows server... But most Linux setups I've ever had any dealing with, require no spaces in folder or file names and files names should always be lower case....

Then again, on both servers, that is best practice ... No spaces, everything in lower case.

Member #
    Yeah I don't know why it only did it on some and not the others...but since I'm new to HTML I just put the img src="" everytime and picked the image...so I don't see how else it could have gotten messed up. It was like that on the versions on my computer too so it definitely wasn't the server.

I have Yahoo Small Business right now and it seems to be ok with the spaces (seems to run a little different then most other ones in general). Thanks for the tip though! I will keep that in mind when I start my website, as I probably won't need all the other things Yahoo offers.

Member #
    As Far as I see...you have fixed your issue

Remove Ads