Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi guys!
    i am wondering how can i change a value in my style sheet? for example for this code

div#ul li a:hover{
    color:"ffffff";
    }
    i want to change the value of color to another value!i know to change the value in html by java script but in css:disagree: how cal help me?

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    CSS is a text based file...

It opens with notepad or any other text editor... Make your changes..

Maybe not understanding the whole scope of the question ?

Member #
    well my quastion is ley's imagin that i jabe a button on my page when i click on it i want to make some changes in my css value!
    div#ul li a:hover{
    color:"ffffff";
    } for example here i want to change fffff to somethingelse by clicking on button

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    You don't, but you can use JavaScript to load a different CSS stylesheet all together...

I guess you could change just 1 value... But you'd need to use a session variable in whatever script language you're using, associate a CSS value with a session variable...

I usually go with... Just loading an alternate stylesheet... And there are tons of JavaScripts already written to do that.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    color: #FF0000; <-- that will make it red.

I'm not sure if that's what you want, though. I really don't understand your question, and I'm not sure WZ does either (not that it's his fault). You're going to need to find a way to explain it a little better or show us an example of what you're trying to do.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    OK my friends i have ul list,when i move my mouse on its element the color of font will change as u see in code i also made a table which each its columns got a background color,what i want to do is when i press the columns the color of that columns would be set for color of font in hover!but i don't know how i can change the value in css!Sorry for my English i tried my best

<div id="navbar">
    <ul>
    <li><a href="#">Home</a></li>
    <li><a href="#">Portfolio</a></li>
    <li><a href="#">About</a></li>
    <li><a href="#">Contact</a></li>
    </ul>
    </div>
    -----------
    <div id="tabel">
    <table>
    <tr>
    <td bgcolor="#19e0cb" style="height:14px;width:14px"></td>
    <td bgcolor="#e46a18" style="height:14px;width:14px"></td>
    <td bgcolor="#9bbe22" style="height:14px;width:14px"></td>
    <td bgcolor="#e8187f" style="height:14px;width:14px"></td>
    <td bgcolor="#b73b27" style="height:14px;width:14px"></td>
    </tr>
    </table>
    </div>

----------
    div#navbar ul li a:hover{
    color:#b73b27;
    -webkit-transition:all 2s;
    -moz-transition:all 2s;
    -o-transition:all 2s;
    transition: all 2s;
    }

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    That is only possible using Javascript, assuming you're describing what I think you are.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    yessss i knoww!!!but could u tell me how??

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Not in any great detail, since what you're asking for is a significant customization and requires applied knowledge as opposed to the general knowledge one can expect from forums. What I can tell you is that jQuery will make your life a whole lot easier in that regard.

Remove Ads