Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Layout help

Member #
    Hello, I'd just like to ask what'd be the best way to build a website like that: http://www.poslovnavecera.com/

What I mean is CSS structure. For any answers thanks in advance.

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    Right-click, view source. Then, link to the CSS file. Easiest way to find out. It's what I'd do to end up telling you here.
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

Member #
    Ok, so far I did pretty good job on the layout, I am at the footer now. I would like to ask how can I make footer full width and then center the content inside of it. I tried setting width: 100%;, width: auto; but none worked. There is always some space on the left and right side, doesnt really go full width.

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    Without looking at it (because I can't right now), Check that the footer isn't inside a wrapper, and that there isn't a margin or padding declaration that is overridding what you're writing.
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    Quote Originally Posted by webdesigner100, post: 244717
    Hello, I'd just like to ask what'd be the best way to build a website like that: http://www.poslovnavecera.com/

What I mean is CSS structure. For any answers thanks in advance.
    You do realize that the site you're using as an example is a WordPress site? And as such, will have several different CSS files, usually one for each page template (homepage, interior pages, contact page, etc.) This is the theme being used - it is a purchased theme, I believe.

You can re-create the CSS but the functionality of that site is through PHP and a MySQl database.
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    Ok, so about the footer that doesnt go accross the whole website...here is the image:

And here is the footer code:

#footer {
    border: 1px solid red;
    height:200px;
    width:100%;
    margin-top:50px;
    }

It is place outside all the divs, just before the body ends... Also it is not touching the bottom.

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    I don't get it. The footer goes all the way across the bottom...
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer

Member #
    I fixed it, had to add margin:0px; to the body

Remove Ads