Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hello, I need to make a document that will be exactly 1 paper (page) long in HTML, how can I do that? I mean...how do I know when it is 1 page high and wide?

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    You don't, the problem lies with the user. Depending on their browser setting you can get close but you can't be exact about it. The user can change many things including font size, whether the browser can display images or not...

If you use a print style sheet, you can force a little more control, but again, its not guaranteed.

Member #
    Ok cool, thanks

Got 1 more question...how can I align HTML textboxes to the right? I already have float left in that div to align text to left, but Id like to have textboxes in straight line.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    float: right; and possibly text-align: right;.

If you need that much control, what I would suggest is to convert the document to a PDF (if possible) and let people download it.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Was looking for this too. Good idea with pdf conversion.. but nothing directly html right?

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Nature of the beast or shoud I say nature of the browser ....

Because there are literally thousands of possibilities in window size, font size, etc... That the user has control of... And can pretty much override anything you may do from a sizing aspect... It would literally be impossible to guess what would work in just html.

Using a CSS style sheet for printing might get you close, but again, there are so many differences in how browsers would display that... It would be I possible to guarantee that it would work on all visitors browsers.

TheGame is absolutely correct by saying if you need that much control, you should consider putting the content into a PDF.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Of course I'm correct. I'm friggin' awesome!
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGAME1264, post: 245364
    Of course I'm correct. I'm friggin' awesome!
    LoL!

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Yeaup. Anytime you need to precisely maintain the ratios for the purposes of printing the document, a PDF is first option. Although the user may choose to alter certain print options (zoom, pages, etc), the standard image will be the same regardless of what internet options the user has selected for their browser.

Remove Ads