Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    So today I bit the bullet and put IE back on my computer for the purpose of viewing my site with IE. I discovered that the gradients I'm using don't seem to be working on the newest version of IE9 but my buddy (IE version unknown) is able to see the gradients when he views them on his computer. This got me wondering how many other people cant see the gradients when viewing my page. I know it doesn't really take away from the functionality of my site but having it fixed would just make me feel better. Anyone know why this might be happening?

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Try putting the PIE.htc file in the same folder as your css file and adding behavior: URL(PIE.htc) to whatever element the gradient uses. I've noticed that it generally performs best when PIE.htc is in the same folder for whatever reason.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    as of right now i currently have a copy of PIE.htc in every directory that I have a page in. A while back I couldnt get my CSS to validate with this "behavior: src(PIE.htc);" in there. I google searched to fix the problem and found that many people were saying to get it to validate you would have to include it in the HTML so i now have it as:

" <!--[if IE]>
    <style type="text/css">
    div.navbar { behavior: src(PIE.htc); }
    </style>
    <![endif]-->"

I've probably jacked up the coding some where when I did this.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Do you have it including those quotes at the beginning and end? If so, take them out.

behavior isn't a valid CSS property, but it can be used.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    quotations were probably a poor way of separating content on here. They aren't on my actual document. I'll try putting the behavior property back into the CSS document and see where that gets me.

Member #
    No luck but I have noticed that I get prompted by IE saying "Internet Explorer restricted this webpage from running scripts or ActiveX controls". No obvious changes when you click allow content though.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Hmmm...are you loading this page locally? As in from a hard drive?

Member #
    I have the content hosted on a temporary free hosting site for now and i also load it locally. It hasn't worked for IE9 using either method. I was reading up on it some more and I found that in the list of common issues that are had with CSS3 PIE that having the wrong content type could be whats causing my problem (particularly with IE9). I have tried to add their suggested "AddType text/x-component .htc" to my .htaccess file but it wasn't successful. I don't have any prior experience with htaccess files so I wouldn't be surprised if I did it wrong or there was something that I over looked. My knowledge is kind of limited to self-taught HTML and CSS so I'm kind of behind on some of this stuff.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Okay...go ahead and provide the link to the free hosting page, in that case. Hopefully someone can see what's up.

Member #
    alright sounds good. Please keep in mind that this is my first time using CSS for a page layout and Web design is a hobby of mine and I am in no way a professional haha.

www.wadesminiature.wink.ws

Its also very incomplete....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads