Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Conversion

Member #
    Long story short client had an image and wanted to use it as a part of a theme, so i did a psd then converted it to html. However, when i go to change the <td> so that i could add content, on top of image, by default, the image disappears, however,the client doesnt want the content to disappear?
    I need a quick fix, any suggestions?

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    So it sounds like you're using tables to put together the pieces of an image? If the table cell contains part of the image, then adding text in the info will displace the image, unless it's set as the background of the image?

Not trying to sound rude or discouraging, but you shouldn't use tables to put pieces of a sliced up psd back together, this is an antiquated way of putting a site together, and the modern web is moving away from it.

I may be totally misunderstanding the question though, lol.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Jones, post: 246404
    So it sounds like you're using tables to put together the pieces of an image? If the table cell contains part of the image, then adding text in the info will displace the image, unless it's set as the background of the image?

Not trying to sound rude or discouraging, but you shouldn't use tables to put pieces of a sliced up psd back together, this is an antiquated way of putting a site together, and the modern web is moving away from it.

I may be totally misunderstanding the question though, lol.
    Yes, i clearly understand that the guy was even using apdivs at one point, so i took it over. Is there a easier way of fixing this rather than starting all over, and basically treating it like a psd to html, from the start!?

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Hmm. Is the image set as the background of the cell, or an element within the cell?

Member #
    Yes, it was set as the background of a cell, and it was incorrectly done,i just reworked it <td colspan="7" background="images/supercutz_09.jpg" style="background-repeat:no-repeat" width="1024" height="639" valign="top" align="center"> Now it appears exactly as the client wants it.I changed those apdivs to divs threw out the old CSS and HTML, added my own CSS and HTML5. It was terrible.

Member #
    Anyway, i have a question about php, I am using a REG EX for comparison, i upgraded during the middle of a project due to changes and I have a problem. I was using !eregi, but i switched to an old script that i need to do some fixes. So i switched to preg_match due to upgrade, i am getting an error now

Warning: preg_match() expects at least 2 parameters, 1 given in /home/content/52/10147552/html/supercutz/Log/include/session.php on line 307

*****This line 307 **********
    else if(!preg_match("/^([0-9a-z])+$/", ($subpass = trim($subpass)))){
    $form->setError($field, "* Password not alphanumeric");

What am I doing wrong?

Remove Ads