Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Found this really handy website if you've got someone who's having trouble using your website - shows all the details of their browser and lets them send is directly to you with a link or via email - [EDIT: link drop to supportdetails dot net removed by TheGAME1264.]

Nice clean interface too, and it's totally free!

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Now, normally I'd ban someone for such a blatantly obvious link drop, but I'm in a good mood today and I think we need some entertainment. So I'm going to see where this goes.

The link drop provided was for supportdetails.net:

http://www.whoishostingthis.com/supportdetails.net

The email address that Caffeine Junkie registered with was info@bmagic.net, which normally I wouldn't share because that's bad forum etiquette, but in this case happens to be relevant...and it's a little firefighting with fire on top, which is always an added bonus. bmagic.net redirects to whitecobalt.com, which happens to share an IP address with supportdetails.net:

http://www.whoishostingthis.com/whitecobalt.com

bmagic dot net also uses the same nameservers as supportdetails.net:

http://whois.domaintools.com/bmagic.net

And supportdetails.net happens to have been developed by whitecobalt.com.

Caffeine Junkie: could you please explain this astonishing series of what I'm sure are total coincidences to me in a way that would indicate that what you're doing isn't spamming the board? Feel free to abuse and insult me along the way...I don't mind, really.
    Andrew Yurlov likes this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    181 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGAME1264, post: 246951
    Now, normally I'd ban someone for such a blatantly obvious link drop, but I'm in a good mood today and I think we need some entertainment. So I'm going to see where this goes.

The link drop provided was for supportdetails.net:

http://www.whoishostingthis.com/supportdetails.net

The email address that Caffeine Junkie registered with was info@bmagic.net, which normally I wouldn't share because that's bad forum etiquette, but in this case happens to be relevant...and it's a little firefighting with fire on top, which is always an added bonus. bmagic.net redirects to whitecobalt.com, which happens to share an IP address with supportdetails.net:

http://www.whoishostingthis.com/whitecobalt.com

bmagic dot net also uses the same nameservers as supportdetails.net:

http://whois.domaintools.com/bmagic.net

And supportdetails.net happens to have been developed by whitecobalt.com.

Caffeine Junkie: could you please explain this astonishing series of what I'm sure are total coincidences to me in a way that would indicate that what you're doing isn't spamming the board? Feel free to abuse and insult me along the way...I don't mind, really.
    Busteeeeeeeed! :byebye:
    Artificial intelligence is nothing compared to natural stupidity -Someone

Design is a funny word. Some people think design means how it looks.
    But of course, if you dig deeper, itís really how it works.
    -Steve Jobs

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    I didn't get a answer, though.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    181 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGAME1264, post: 247513
    I didn't get a answer, though.
    Yea I was waiting for one too. The suspense is killing me! Its fun to see what kind of explanation they come up with
    Artificial intelligence is nothing compared to natural stupidity -Someone

Design is a funny word. Some people think design means how it looks.
    But of course, if you dig deeper, itís really how it works.
    -Steve Jobs

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    They won't ... Spammers spend the time to register so they can link drop... 90% of forums have moderators that don't look at anything they didn't start or have an interest in, many have moderators that check in every so often, but rarely.

Doubt this person will come back

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    So do I, but I was hoping for that exception case where the busted loser argues belligerently and incoherently for all of our amusement. Caffeine Junkie has let me down.

Remove Ads