Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hello !
    I have all my page content wrapped, all is good. But I have one question in respect to maybe having to add an additional Wrapper in order to add an extra image that will lay behind my header.

You see, I already have a Body BG Image. But what I am wanting to do is also have a Photo Collage that would lay behind the Header, kinda like an extra BG Image, one that is fixed. I know one can add multiple BG Images, but earlier browsers don't support it. So, hence do I add an extra Wrapper order to use the Image Collage?

Forgive me if I am sound novice, I am....

Thank you

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    The proper terminology would be DIV, a wrapper is just a term many people use for a DIV that includes all divs ...

What you're looking to do is just take your header div ( assuming you have one ) and assign a background image to that div... And it will actually be in front of the body background image.

Divs are layered based on your definition ... The body div or perhaps your wrapper div will be the very back layer, if you need to define the level you can use the Z-index atrribute to force the layer position ... The higher the number, the farther forward the layer will be.

So if you can just add a background image to your header div ... Use the z-index to force it higher in the layer ( if you need to )...

Your CSS and HTML code may be helpful if you can't figure it out.

Remove Ads