Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    ive been having problems getting the slideshow to work on my site but i finally got it working. now im having a new issue. the navi bar drop menu is going behind the slideshow...
    i have a z-index so it shouldnt be doing this. its working fine in FF but in IE7 im having problems. could anybody help me out?

slideshow:
    http://net.tutsplus.com/tutorials/ja...ut-javascript/

my file:
    http://pastebin.com/4cEqsZPP

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    You need to actually publish the file for people to see it.

I know I personally don't so paste bin or Dropbox or any number of file sharing sites where most have been hacked and malicious code put into other people's files.

Anyway, ie is notorious for this...

What version of IE and have you checked the compatibility settings.

Depending on your doc type declared, etc... If you're running IE 9 you can change the setting back to ie8 or IE7 and see if it works in any of them.

Knowing what it works in and what it doesn't work in... Can help narrow down the issue, for ie... If you haven't declared a doc type... Some thing just don't work as designed.

Would be much easier to diagnose if it were actually published somewhere.

Member #
    i uploaded it to here:
    http://metathirteen.byethost4.com/

check it out and tell me what u think the problem might be. im guessing it has to do with the position relative conflicting with something? i have the drop down ul set to absolute, so shouldnt it just hover over everything by default?

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Position relative shouldn't affect this

But, I'd venture a guess ... Since your z-index values are on page selectors of a div.... I would try moving the z-index to the parent div of the nav...

Since I'm on an iPhone... Kinda tough to see, but I would also my my page specific CSS below ( position wise ) all the CSS specific to the slider stuff.

Me personally, I use external style sheets for everything, but always put "page specific " CSS, below where I attach the external style sheet.

Technically, the browser is going to display the last instance of CSS ... Meaning you can define a <p> selector one way at the top of the sheet... But if you re-define it lower in the sheet, the browser is going to always display what was in the last instance.

By putting your page specific CSS below the CSS for the slideshow ... You make sure your page CSS is displayed as designed... But if you have any CSS for the slideshow that conflicts with the page CSS ... Your slide show will more than likely not work right .

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    What version of IE are you seeing this in ?

Member #
    im checking it out in IE7. thats the furthest i wanna go back in terms to browser compatibility.
    im gonna try out your advice with swapping the css around, and tweak around with the z-index a bit. hopefully itll work.

Member #
    i tried the z-index and moving the slideshow css to the top and the rest below it and still nothing. i noticed that in IE it works fine but it asks if i wanna enable active x once i do the slideshow starts working and thats when the drop down menu messes up...

Remove Ads